Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Weezer @ The Fillmore



This is really out of the blue.  No album to promote (yet) but here is Weezer...in Charlotte.  Not that I'm complaining.

Amy & I decided we'd take a rare night out together to see if Weezer can still put on a good show.  And yes they can.  No opening act and not a lot of people - we unaggressively had a spot close to he stage on the side.  But the band were in form, if not interactive, from the get go.

It was one great song after another with only the new Back To The Shack the only song I didn't know in the 1st half, though it could easily be a pick off the Blue Album.  Once again (something I've said before at Weezer shows) a relatively short set, which finished on a short high of Blur's Song 2.

Buddy Holly, Hash Pipe & The Good Life (My favorite Weezer song) were my highlights and the band stated they were finishing up a new album and would be back in town in September to premiere some of those songs.  Hope I get to see it.

Weezer Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2014, 2014 Spring Tour


The Crap Facts:
This is my 371st concert.
This is my 7th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 22nd concert in Charlotte.
This is my 23rd concert in North Carolina.
This is my 179th concert in the USA.
This is my 4th Weezer concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment