Thursday, June 13, 2013

Motel Glory, Amigo & Elonzo @ Milestone

Back at the Milestone, only one week later, this time to see 2 bands that Amy's cousin, Slade, plays in. Again I can't tell you how much I like this venue. 4 local bands tonight have bought plenty of friends to make it a good night for all.

I saw Elonzo open up.  Nothing out of the ordinary but fitted in with the rest of the evening.  And their friends had a blast.

Amigo is the band Slade writes and leads.  They are like an alt/country/rock band.  I liked it.  The band is tight and Slade has a good repoire with the crowd.  Having said that he seemed a little tense on the stage.

Motel Glory is more a straight up rock-bordering-on-punk band, who were in also great form.  Slade leaves singing duties behind for this band and almost seems like a different person.  He looked relaxed onstage and seemed to be really enjoying just playing - his movements were almost more suited to a fan in the audience.

I hope all goes well for either or both of his bands.  I had a great night and the Venn diagram of a crowd also enjoyed all the bands I saw.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 355th concert.
This is my 2nd concert at Milestone.
This is my 8th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 8th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 163rd concert in the USA.
Elonzo are the 421st band I've seen.
Amigo are the 422nd band I've seen.
Motel Glory are the 423rd band I've seen.
Motel Glory are the 200th band seen in the USA.
Motel Glory are the 200th American band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment