Friday, July 20, 2012

Airborne Toxic Event & Henry Clay People @ Hard Rock Pool


According to Erik’s rule if you see at least 3 songs, you’ve seen a band.  Therefore we just saw Henry Clay People.  And disappointingly we weren’t there earlier.  They were a great, rocking band who warm up the crowd well.  They finished with a good cover of (their words) The Greatest Rock Song Ever Written – Bruce Springsteen’s Born To Run.

I don’t listen to the radio at all, so it is through others and dumb luck that I may now discover new bands.  Today it’s dumb luck!  I got given a pair of free tickets to this show via a Concierge function.  I know nothing about this band – but free tickets to a venue I’d not seen a gig in – I thought I’d give it a shot.  And drag Erik with me – he knew just as much.  So glad I did!  A loyal following for Airborne Toxic Event sees a good size crowd enjoying the warm weather by the Hard Rock’s Pool.  And from the get go these guys are rocking.  A good rock sound with the unique sounds of violin and occasional keyboard, combined with a great band energy sees this turn out to be a great show.  None of the songs sound familiar to me, but definitely good enough to look for a CD in the near future. 

An encore saw an a few extended songs, including The Clash’s I Fought The Law, as the singer opted to make the most of the pool mid song.  Needless to say, many were happy to join him.  Will definitely keep an eye out to see them again.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 335th concert.
This is my 1st concert at Hard Rock Pool.
Hard Rock Pool is the 89th venue I've seen a concert.
This is my 131st concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 131st concert in Nevada.
This is my 143rd concert in the USA.
Henry Clay People are the 400th band I've seen.
Henry Clay People are the 150th different band I've seen in Las Vegas.
Airborne Toxic Event are the 401st band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment