Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cage The Elephant & Bad Cop @ Cosmopolitan Pool


It had already been a long day by the time I got to the Cosmopolitan Pool.  What with Reggae & Phil arriving at 7am, the boys first birthday party at a park in Summerlin, and a house full of people, I could've easily just called it a night.  Thankfully I didn't!

It had been unusually cold all day, with rain while we were outside with the boys.  But with my trusty cardigan and beanie, Reggae, Phil & I met the Hills and braved the elements.

We were there early to see Bad Cop, a Tennessee band who were pretty good.  While it seemed as though no one in Las Vegas knew who they were, they played some great rock and go the crowd warmed up for the main event.

From the get go Cage were on fire!  They were out of the gates with 2024 and lead singer Matthew Shultz was dancing around stage like these songs were all his favorite of all time.  He has a crazy energy and does not stop for the whole show.  Even with the wind and the cold, the sound was great and there was not one lowlight to be spoken of (except maybe the small amount of attendees at the show).  In One Ear was wild, as was Back Against The Wall, and to hear everyone sing Ain't No Rest For The Wicked at full belt was awesome.  I had been listening to the Live At Chicago's Vic CD and was hoping they'd do the Psycho Killer cover, but was just as stoked to hear Pavement's False Skorpions finish a blazing show.

The night finished with me dropping Phil & Reggae off at the airport as they continue their journey home via Hawaii (I wish that was me).  I think they liked the show, I know the Hills did, and I as sure loved it.  Hope they come back through town soon

Cage the Elephant Setlist Boulevard Pool at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2012


The Crap Facts:
This is my 327th concert.
This is my 3rd concert at Cosmopolitan Pool.
This is my 123rd concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 123rd concert in Nevada.
This is my 135th concert in the USA.
Bad Cop are the 391st band I've seen.
This is my 3rd Cage The Elephant concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment