Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rancid @ House Of Blues


It’s hard to beat a good Rancid show and tonight was no exception.

The House of Blues was PACKED – it was 2003, when the Foo Fighters played since I’d seen it this full.

I walked in as they started and then proceeded to be blown away by 37 songs over the next 2-and-a-bit hours. I think both the band and the crowd fed off each others energy and a good night was had by all. Roots Radical, Time Bomb, Olympia WA and Fall Back Down were highlights for me. I also liked the 3 song acoustic break in the middle of the set (last time they did this at the House of Blues was when they were forced to after blowing the power back in October 2006). It gave both the band and the crowd a breather.

A 3 song encore was finished with the awesome Ruby Soho – my favorite Rancid song. I felt like I didn’t want the show to end, which is always a good sign. And for the first time in a long time I bought a tshirt to take as a memento.

When are they coming back?

Rancid Setlist House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2011




The Crap Facts:
This is my 320th concert.
This is my 37th concert at House Of Blues.
This is my 116th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 116th concert in Nevada.
This is my 128th concert in the USA.
This is my 3rd Rancid concert.
Rancid are the 300th time I've seen an American band.

No comments:

Post a Comment