Thursday, May 26, 2011

Electric Six @ Book & Stage

Girl! I wanna take you to a gay bar!

These are the words of the Electric Six JJJ Hottest 100 Volume 11 song Gay Bay that drew me to this show at the Cosmo. Again this was a free show, and the first of 8 sets of 4 nights at the Book & Stage.

The band seemed like they were up for a good time, but the stage set up didn't seem to suit the band's want for crowd interaction. Dick Valentine, while not getting into the music, definitely did his best to keep the crowd entertained between songs. Electric Six played an hours worth of punk/disco/rock, in which a blistering Gay Bar was played mid set. Unfortunately I don't know any other titles, but I did enjoy the show and will endeavor to find more of their music.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 315th concert.
This is my 2nd concert at Book & Stage.
This is my 111th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 111th concert in Nevada.
This is my 123rd concert in the USA.
Electric Six are the 382nd band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment