Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rise Against & Bad Religion @ The New Joint



Apparently 38 years old means - Too old for Rise Against. Too young for Bad Religion.

I've tried to like these bands. My 3rd Bad Religion show and 2nd Rise Against, but I just cannot get into either of them.

I'm sure I am seeing Bad Religion in too bigger venues. Maybe in a small place they'd have a better impact, but nothing they did tonight made an impression. I didn't even get to hear one of my 2 faves - 21st Century Digital Boy, though I did get American Jesus.

Bad Religion Setlist The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2011

Now while I don't like Rise Against, I certainly was in the minority at the Joint on this night. The crowd was ablaze and knew every word to every song (but they were also MUCH younger than me). There were some good moments (State Of The Union), but all the cross stage skipping got a bit samey for me.

While I probably won't go back to see either band, I will give props to Rise Against for the respect they give other bands. These guys are huge Bad Religion fans, as well as Rancid fans - who opened for them last time - and were completely humbled that both bands would open for them. Good on them for having a great support act that some people may want to see as much as, if not more than, them.

Rise Against Setlist The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2011, Endgame


The Crap Facts:
This is my 313th concert.
This is my 10th concert at The New Joint.
This is my 109th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 109th concert in Nevada.
This is my 121st concert in the USA.
This is my 3rd Bad Religion concert.
This is my 2nd Rise Against concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment