Friday, January 21, 2011

Weezer @ The New Joint


2nd Weezer show with us and the Hills. I can't believe it has been 5 and half years since we first saw them (back in the Old Joint). That was a great night.

2 albums from start to finish. One I love and one I am not too familiar with.

The night started with the Blue Album, and it was one great song after the next. This is my favorite Weezer album and it was kind of weird being at a show and knowing what the next song was going to be. Regardless it was all good. Buddy Holly, Surf Wax America and Say It Ain't So we great. It was funny that the guitarist started a song out of order - priceless were the looks the rest of the band gave him.

After a 20 minute break, where we entertained by a roadie's stories of the past (including photographic evidence), the band cam back onstage to do Pinkerton. Not as entertaining as the first set, but who doesn't love El Scorcho and Good Life. They then finished off the night with an unknown to me one song encore.

Personally I think they would have been better off starting with this album and finishing with the Blue Album.

Not quite as fun as the last show we saw, but good enough for me to want to go again when they return to Vegas in August to play at the Red Rock pool.

Weezer Setlist The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2011, Memories Tour


The Crap Facts:
This is my 312th concert.
This is my 9th concert at The New Joint.
This is my 106th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 106th concert in Nevada.
This is my 118th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Weezer concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment