Monday, July 14, 1997

Hayman Island, QLD

Had a relatively slow start to the morning due to the previous nights debauchery, but spent the afternoon on the Reef Dancer. The Reef Dancer is a glass-bottom boat that chugs around Arkhurst Island (just to Hayman’s west). The boat goes into a couple of small coves in the island, which allows guests to dive in and snorkel around. I stayed in the boat and watched the others. I can’t for the life of me adjust my breathing to snorkel, which consequently puts me in a panic. Still, just sitting in the boat was amazing. With the water so clear I could see plenty just fine. The view of the coral and the brightly coloured fish everywhere is breathtaking. We were meant to go on a boat to the Great Barrier Reef today, but the weather didn’t allow for it. This is such a shame, because if it is this beautiful so far away from the Reef – that place must be beyond description. Went on a sunset walk with Luvvo, as he wanted to take some photos. Then we did our nightly ritual at the staff bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment